MNPRX is the professional, customized and actively maintained version of the open-source Maya NPR (MNPR) framework. As such, it is a direct stylization framework for Expressive Rendering, another common term for Non-Photorealistic Rendering (NPR), directly in the Maya viewport. This makes the system instantly familiar to artists accustomed to the software.
If you want a quick introduction, please watch our founder introduce the motivation behind MNPRX in 6 minutes at SIGGRAPH’s Real-Time Live! in 2017, it can’t get more real than that. Since then, MNPRX has continued to evolve and now supports multiple stylizations with various new features.
- Direct stylization pipeline with real-time feedback in the Maya viewport
- Tool palette to art-direct stylizations at multiple levels of control
- Fast rendering of image sequences in EXR at up to 8K resolution
- Powerful and fast painterly materials
- Motion-coherent substrate-based effects
- Stylization transfer between scenes
- One year of updates and support included with each license
- Customized development through our R&D packages
- Growing documentation with learning material
- Combine art-directed stylization passes of MNPRX with offline rendered passes for unmatched flexibility during compositing in The Foundry’s Nuke (more coming in 2019).
MNPRX can be expanded and customized to fit your desired style and production requirements through our R&D packages.
- Maya 2017, 2018, 2019
- Windows 10 or Linux (CentOS) [macOS licenses only on bulk purchases for now]
- Modern Graphics Card (Support for DirectX 11 or OpenGL 4.0, onwards)
MNPRX is currently only available for selected non-commercial and commercial productions. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you are interested in using MNPRX with any required style.